Associate Director, Global Business Intelligence
San Rafael, CA
Our client is a global pharmaceutical company and they are looking for a full-time Global Business Intelligence Associate Director to join the BI team!
This role will be primarily accountable for Global Commercial KPIs, Metrics, Reports, Dashboards, and Business Intelligence project intake. You'll be a critical partner to their global commercial team in Sales, Marketing, and Operations. This person will own and create effective metrics to manage performance and drive their businesses forward across all brands. This individual has operational authority for the collection, analysis, and dissemination of sales and market data supporting global commercial operations. You'll manage a Sr. Analyst responsible for our Power BI reports and dashboards as well as a Sr. Business Analyst. You will own the tools/systems that support the sales and management teams with decision-based information and various functions such as sales forecasting, tracking, trend evaluation and analysis, and market and competitive analysis. The individual will report on the future-facing data framework to meet the evolving needs of the organization. The right candidate for this position will have a passion for data process design and for building continuous process improvements!
Responsibilities will include...
- Facilitating the design, development, and administration reporting and dashboard infrastructure and associated systems to enable the capture, metric creation, analysis and reporting of sales and market data; also responsible for designing and building of corporate reports
- Gathering business requirements and metrics working directly with Senior Leadership and field teams
- Manage the Business Intelligence team's project intake, project management, and coordination
- Handle ongoing project management of data platform process enhancements leveraging best practices and appropriate design principles
- Design, implement and manage a framework and organization for documenting and managing requirements, design docs, test plans, deployment and training plans and ensure that the development process is consistently followed
- Support, advise, and collaborate with all levels of personnel on various sales and marketing data issues, on a global level
You are both technical and have a strong business acumen... This is a leadership role and will require a strategic outlook and the ability to present in a clear fashion to senior leadership!
- Ideally you have experience working in the biotech/pharmaceutical space
- Bachelor's degree
- 5-7 years of technical experience with Business Intelligence, data warehousing, Data Management/Analytics experience working with commercial data sets
- Experience with data management, data architecture, ETL, process design and data warehouse principles
- Experience managing direct reports
- Top-notch analytical, project management and communication skills are essential
- Exceptional qualitative, quantitative, analytical, and problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Experience with the following applications and resources would be geat: Microsoft Power BI, Tableau (or other visualization tool), Salesforce.com, Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience translating business requirements, creating project plans and technical documentation and managing technical projects
- Reporting to Director, Global Business Intelligence
- Full-time role with competitive pay and great benefits
- Onsite position