Business Development Representative
New York, NY
Our client in New York City is looking for an enthusiastic Business Development Rep to support the sales/account executive team and help establish new business opportunities! You'll be responsible for outbound activities with a focus on engaging and qualifying all prospective customers. This role is one of the first touchpoints for prospects, which means you will set the tone for the sales cycle! There is exponential room for growth in this role and future opportunities within the company.
In this role, you'll be...
- Focusing on responding to leads that come in, qualifying them, and passing them along to the sales team
- Engaging with prospects over email, phone and social channels to qualify and set appointments for our account executives
- Collaboratively working with account execs to identify and target enterprise level accounts by leveraging intelligence tools
- Creating and maintaining active engagement strategies to create awareness and education with prospects through informed, creative follow-ups in partnership with your AE
- Researching and developing prospective accounts within our CRM
- Partnering with marketing teams to support messaging, initiatives, campaigns and identify the best target market segments
• 6 months+ experience in a sales or sales development capacity within a SaaS / Tech company
• You work with a sense of urgency and are quick to respond to prospects over email, phone, social and in-person
• Exceptional communication skills
• Familiar with sales engagement, enrichment and intelligence tools for prospecting
• Familiar with CRM
• You learn quickly and are a team player
• You’re determined, confident in overcoming objections and not afraid of rejection
• Desire to grow your business development career
• You know to effectively manage our time, tasks, and prioritize accordingly
• You have experience being accountable to and exceeding results and other KPIs
• A high-energy team work place excites you!