Business Development Manager - Cloud Sales
We have an exciting, key business development role open with our client in Houston, Texas! They're looking for a full-time Business Development Manager to help them expand their Cloud business. The ultimate goal in this role will be to grow the company's user and customer base, reinforce up-sell processes, and improve company solutions in the Cloud!
This role offers the opportunity to work with the biggest software ecosystems in the world (Microsoft, AWS, Salesforce). This person will work on a global team with customers worldwide, driving the company's growth strategy and strengthening support and positioning with partners and customers. Think of the team you'll join as a start-up within the larger company; they are paving the way for their industry's solutions, perform with high expectations, and stay dynamic and flexible as things change.
Some of your day-to-day will involve:
- Assist as a member of the Cloud and Ecosystem department, offering insights and support to the company on partner agenda
- Provide project guidance and works directly on projects related to partnership with Salesforce, AWS and Microsoft
- Oversee and drive marketing activities together with internal and external marketing resources
- Work with the technology partner ecosystem to close capability gaps
- Contribute in end-user testing of new Cloud solutions and versions
- Promote solutions at conferences, webinars, other speaking engagements
- Collaborate w/ sales and marketing staff to ensure successful and optimal efficiency in building a qualified pipeline
- Provide technology advisory to pre-sales and professional services teams
- You have a mix of a technology and sales background
- 5+ years of experience w/ multiple software environments, preferably SaaS and cloud-based (Microsoft/AWS/Salesforce/Oracle is a big plus)
- 3+ years of experience in a client-facing role (i.e. Evangelist, Presales, Consultant, Solutions, sales) assessing needs and counseling clients
- Excellent presentation skills
- Able to communicate well with remote teams
- Sales-oriented nature, ability to understand sales processes as well as engage with local sales managers and executives
- Excellent project management and prioritization skills
- Knowledge in online marketing in the wider sense (web, social, email marketing)
- Best person for this job will be determined and tenacious!
- Full-time position
- International company and team
- ~230 employees
- 401k and excellent benefits offered
- Generous compensation and OTE, including bonus
- Company has received several industry accolades!
- Some travel on an as-needed basis (most of your time will be spent in the Houston office)