Sr. Director (Product Manager)
Minneapolis, MN US | Fully Remote TELECOMMUTE US
With a focus on customer support and services capabilities, the Product Manager is a big-picture thinking and in-depth problem solver with a vision for what needs to be built and maintained in order to create amazing customer experiences and maximize service delivery for external customer interactions and over 4000 internal users globally. The Product Manager will be accountable for multiple products and applications with a deep understanding the product’s users, the marketplace, competition, technology, with SFDC at the core, and makes strategic design and technology decisions to position the company for success. Leading a team of 8-10 product owners (Directors/Sr. Managers) and sr. business analysts, this leader will work in close partnership with other customer management lifecycle product leaders, IT delivery leads, Solution Architects and senior business stakeholders to build a capability based roadmap that ensures the company achieves it’s overarching objectives and key results.
• Partnering with business leaders and IT to identify and agree on priorities to support business objectives and maximize value of technology investments
• Accountable for creating the product roadmap(s) with associated business case funding requests to support Customer Support and Engagement (portals) and Professional Services teams and end users
• Lead a team of 8-10 professionals and be accountable for product owners and their deliverables, reviewing deliverables to ensure they align with overarching roadmap and goals; before they are prioritized for development.
• Build an efficient and effective Product Management team linking the end to end to customer journey and lifecycle
• Support the design and transition to more robust and disciplined delivery model to enable new business capabilities through technology on an iterative and continuous basis.
• Bring innovative ideas and share continuous recommendations with executive leadership on the rolling roadmap and review/pivot as needed each PI for feature refinement
• Prioritizing and outlining descriptions and success criteria (including business value) for features in advance to PI planning
• Reviewing Product Owner business case cost benefit calculations (business value) and signing off on their viability and accuracy
• Content authority of the Program Backlog; define and (re)prioritize features
• Participate and lead where necessary, all PI Planning events, including Post & Pre events
• Ensure legal and compliance requirements to the product are met
• Engage with technology providers to ensure expert understand of applications, maximization of investments as well as bring new and innovative ideas to achieve objectives.
• 10-15 years of working experience with 5+ years experience as a Product Manager or Owner
• Experience working within a customer support organization including knowledge of the Salesforce platform
• Empathy & customer centric mindset to discover / understand customer needs
• An Innovative & Lean mindset, drive continuous exploration
• Ability to create a (Program) vision and roadmap
• Communicate vision, roadmap, priorities to large and diverse audiences
• A Servant Leadership style
• Foster collaboration across teams and within functional areas
• Networking & influencing skills to engage with stakeholders, both internal and external
• Tenacity to ensure business objectives will be achieved
• Assess high-quality work when accepting Features
• Knowledge of Agile/SAFe framework - SAFe 5.0 PO/PM certification, Agile Product Management
• Experienced in managing a Product Life Cycle
• Strong business analysis and functional experience with quantitative, analytical and organizational skills
• A self-starter who is consistently proactive and uses time efficiently
• High degree of personal accountability